Name of the sportsperson: Rohan Bopanna
Date of Birth: March 4, 1980
Facts about Rohan Boppana
• He started playing tennis at age 11
• He is a member of the Indian Davis cup team since 2002.
• His singles career high ranking was 213th in 2007
• He was ranked world no. 9 in the ATP Rankings of doubles in 2011.
• Bopanna partnered with Qureshi in doubles reached the quarterfinals at Wimbledon in 2010.
• Bopanna's first ATP doubles title came in 2008.
Rohan Bopana was born on March 4, 1980 in Bangalore. He started playing Tennis at the age of eleven. In the beginning he also had interest in Football and Hockey but it was only 20 years of age when he turned only towards Hockey. He made his Davis Cup debut for India versus Australia in September 2002 and turned pro in 2003. Bopanna won the men's doubles title in 2008 in Los Angeles.
He reached the quarterfinal of the Chennai Open partnering Mahesh Bhupati in 2010. Bopanna and Qureshi made it to the quarterfinals of a Grand Slam event for the first time in their careers at the 2010 Wimbledon Championships. He played a crucial role in India's triumph at the Davis Cup in Chennai against Brazil. Bopanna won the decider against Rocardo Mello 6-3, 7-6, 6-3 to clinch the tie 3-2 and take India into the World Group for the first time in 89 years.
At the 2011 Davis Cup in Serbia, Bopanna played in singles and doubles with Somdev Devvarman after Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupati pulled out of the tournament due to injuries. With Qureshi, he reached the quarterfinals of 2011 French Open..In 2012, he played with compatriot Mahesh Bhupati. They were seeded fourth at the 2012 Australian open, but only made it to the third round.