Cricket has been played and watched for its batting, bowling and fielding, but now a day’s cricket is also been looked for player Vs player battle-- the battle between the best against the best. Today we bring you the top players face offs including Indian players.
• Sachin Tendulkar Vs Shane Warne – The Little Blaster was simply the best whenever Shane Warne has bowled to him. Sachin was the one who played Shane Warne very well. Weather it was the first test at Chennai on 1998, where Sachin took on the battle against Warne or the Sharjah ODI where The Little Master scored his classy 134 run knock. Sachin always held an edge over Warne. The Aussie magician had once said Sachin used to be his nightmares.
• Virat Kohli Vs Mohd Amir – This battle was the much awaited in the Champions Trophy’s final. Despite getting an opportunity, Kohli couldn’t make it count. Amir Vs Kohli is the battle which reminds everyone of the battle between Sohaib Akthar Vs Sachin Tendulkar -- the battle between the best batsmen and the best bowler. But both these players have dominated each other especially in the ODI format. On flat pitches Kohli has upper hand against all the bowlers but when it comes to the swinging conditions Like England, bowlers like Mohd Amir has done well against Kohli. In the Champions Trophy final, Amir dismissed Kohli twice in consecutive deliveries. This shows Amir’s class as a bowler and Kohli’s struggle as a batsman in swinging conditions.
• Virat Kohli Vs Mitchell Starc – This is the Modern Era epic battle. It was great to see the tussle between these two when India toured Australia in 2014-15 and when Australia toured India in this summer. Although Starc and Kohli play for the same team in IPL but that don’t allow them to shy off when they are on their national duty. Starc was challenging throughout the year. But Kohli sometimes took the challenge gracefully and there were times where Kohli struggled. Recently Starc got Kohli out for a duck. This happened in the 1st test match played at Pune; eventually India lost it by a huge margin. The contest between Starc Vs Kohli also reminds of the rivalry between Sachin Tendulkar anjd Glenn McGrath. The cricket fans will look to India’s next tour to Australia for more of Kohli Vs Starc battle.
• Wasim Akram Vs Sourav Ganguly – Pakistan has the history of producing the best fast bowlers in the world and Wasim Akram was one of them. Wasim Akram has dismissed the former Indian captain six times in 17 One-day Internationals and three test matches. Mostly some of them were close LBWs. Ganguly was exposed by Wasim Akram many times in his career. This was one battle which the Indian fans wouldn’t like to see or remember.
• Zaheer Khan Vs Graeme Smith - This was the most favorite battle that Indian fans would love to watch. The former South African Skipper Graeme Smith was the bunny of Indian pace bowler Zaheer Khan. Zak dismissed the top order batsmen the most number of times in his career. Zaheer has dismissed Graeme Smith 13 times from just 25 matches. The current bowling coach of the Indian team enjoys the most success against the Proteas batsman.