India will look to seal the series in the 2nd One Day International at Cuttack. The hosts are firm favourites to whitewash England in the 50 over format too.
England will look to bounce back after their shocking defeat in Pune at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium. They will look to pick up Virat Kohli and Kedar Jhadav early this time. They would want their bowlers to step up, especially spinners Moen Ali and Adil Rashid. The in-experienced spin duo went for plenty in the last game.
India Vs England at Baramati Stadium in Cuttack
· India and England have played 4 matches. Both the teams have won two matches each.
· Last ODI in this stadium was hosted in 2014.
· India and England played their last ODI here on 26th November 2008.
· India played their last ODI here against Sri Lanka on 2nd November 2014. India won the match by 169 runs. Since then no One Day International Matches have been played at this Venue.
· Against England in 2008, India won the match by batting second. The hosts won it by 6 wickets and 38 balls to spare. They chased down the total of 271 in 43.4 overs. England score 270 while batting first. Kevin Peterson 111 not out was the top scorer for the visitors.
Leading Run Scorers at Baramati Stadium in Cuttack for India and England–
· From England - Paul Collingwood 111 from 2 matches and Kevin Peterson 111 from 1 match.
· From India – Shikhar Dhawan 113 runs from 1 match and Ajinkya Rahane 111 runs from 1 match.
Leading wicket takers at Baramati Stadium in Cuttack for India and England–
· From England – Graham Gooch took 4 wickets from 2 matches. Darren Gough has taken 3 wickets from 1 match.
· From India – Ravindra Jadeja has picked up 5 wickets from 5 matches. Ravichandran Ashwin has picked up 2 wickets from 2 matches.
· Overall 17 matches have been played at Baramati Stadium.
· From 17 matches overall- 6 times team have batted first and 11 times team have fielded first.
· In the last game played here against Sri Lanka, the Lankans won the toss but lost the match.
· Only 6 times team who have won the toss have won the match. But 9 times teams have lost the toss but have still won the match.
Pitch Conditions –
Cuttack pitch report says that it’s a a batting wicket again. This time it might support the quick bowlers or top-spinners, if they could bowl in the right areas.