Imola: Mahindra Racing teams’ Riccardo Moretti and Sarath Kumar finished first and seventh in the second race of the Italian Championships 125cc category.
After heavy rain, the track was still wet for the race Sunday.
Oulton Park: Indian saloon car racer Sailesh Bolisetti is all set to make his British GT series debut with the Lotus Sport UK team here this weekend. The seven-round 2012 season of the premier British Sportscar Championship is shaping up to be one of the most fiercely competitive in recent times, thanks to a strong 35-car grid featuring several manufacturer-backed entries.
Bolisetti will be piloting the Lotus Evora in the GT4 category that also includes cars like the Nissan 370Z, BMW M3, Aston Martin N24, Ginetta G50 and Mazda MX5 GT.
Whangarei: Team MRF's Chris Atkinson (co-driver Stephane Prevot) won the Brother International Rally of Whangarei, the first round of the Asia Pacific Rally Championship, here Sunday while teammate and Indian champion Gaurav Gill (Glenn Macneall) came in third.
Australian Atkinson, who like Gill was in a Skoda Fabia S2000 car, spared 28.1 seconds to fellow-APRC contender Sweden's Per-Gunnar Andersson.
It was the car's first event with Team MRF. Last year, Atkinson won the event in a Proton Satria Neo S2000, the car now driven by Andersson.
Atkinson said: "It's been a great weekend. The team has been amazing. The car, the tyres, everything worked really well. It was always going to be tough being up against the factory Proton team."
- Team MRF quickest in shakedown at APRC
- Team MRF ready for Asia Pacific Rally Championship
- Sahara Force India drivers seek faster car
- Mahindra Racing triumphs in Italian Championship
- Naraian earns HRT’S maiden 2012 finish
- Armaan Ebrahim finishes eighth on Indy debut
- Force India ordered to pay $1.12 million to Aerolab
- Force India complains against Caterham, Aerolab
- At 25th edition, SJOBA rally comes of age
Page 42 of 80